Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Today...

Today I am happy that it is sunny.  Even if it clouds over later, this morning it has been sunny and the washing is hanging out in the sun drying itself.  Gotta be pleased with that.

Today I am happy that even though I have the tail end of a cold, I am not sick and none of my immediate or extended family is sick either.

Today I am happy that there is a new niephew (niece/nephew) arriving in July to the very great pleasure of his/her expectant parents and extended family.

Today I am happy that I have the ability to use my knitting skills to help others and myself.

Today I am happy that despite the fears and unknown of re-launching myself into the great world of paid employment, I am taking steps, no matter how small, to get me there and I am seeking help along the way.

Today I am happy.



P.S.Gift knitting for new babies is lots of fun and quick too!

 A newborn sized Milo (Ravelled here)
A nine month old sized Milo (Ravelled here)



7 comments:

kgirl said...

lovely things to have on your happy list :)

Lynne Shandley said...

Yes, I have some new second cousins on DH's side arriving/arrived and they need hand knitted goodies!

knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

Feedly ate my complimentary comments - twice! I said nice things, so just go with the vibes, ok?

geoff_tewierik said...

The beautiful hand knitted items are sitting patiently in their drawer for the new arrival...

2paw said...

Good news that you are all more or less very well, and I love washing dried on the line, it smells so nice!! Milo is such a good pattern!! They are so cute!!

Lynne said...

Nice to see you in print!

We have so much to be happy about -- just being Aussies for one thing!

Kat McNally said...

Hi Leonie,
Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far.
I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
Take care,
Kat xx