Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Brother is Awesome :-)

So I got a call last weekend and it was my brother who lives up in Brisbane.  He wanted to know whether 300grams of handspun would be a useful amount of yarn.  The answer was a resounding "Yes" and today I have just had a package come to my door and inside it was this:


Gorgeous coloured Merino handspun that is so beautifully soft to the touch and a soft brown colour.  It looks to ba about an 8ply.  I already have a vague idea of what I want to do with it.  The challenge will be to find a pattern or to make one up!

Thanks heaps little brother :-)

5 comments:

Lynne said...

What a lovely, thoughtful gift. Can't wait to se what you do with it!

kgirl said...

that's very lovely - what a great surprise to find on your doorstep :)

2paw said...

I think it is extra special when a non-knitter (muggle) gives a knitter something knitterly!!
I am sure you will make something lovely!!

geoff_tewierik said...

Glad you like it Bones.

FTR, I can knit, having done some as a teenager, I just choose to do other things these days.

And the wool came from a stall at the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival, a town of 500 3hrs drive from Brisbane that swells to 14000 and spends the day doing all things pumpkin related.

Melissa said...

Yay, for wonderful brothers!!

It looks lovely, looking forward to seeing what you do with it.