Monday, June 13, 2011

2011 FO #9 - Kate's Hat

Earlier this year, a dear friend signed up for World's Greatest Shave, the Fundraiser for the Leukaemia Foundation.  And then the weather went downhill.  We've been having discussions here about it and the verdict is that we had 8 months of Spring, 2 weeks of Autumn and then Winter started almost a month early.  So I had a look through my stash and found a ball of yarn that I had recently acquired, one that although the colour is gorgeous, I couldn't see myself wearing any time soon.  It is gorgeous yarn and has become a gorgeous garment for a gorgeous woman.



Vital Statistics
Pattern:  One from my head, top down, starting with 8 sts and increasing every other row.  Nice simple stocking stitch.
Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn, Silky Merino
Needles:  6mm Knit Pro interchangeables with Nickel tips (I think, also possibly the 5's or the 5.5mm's).
Started:  February 26, 2011
Finished:  March 13, 2011
Mods:  None, bit hard to Modify something that just came out of your head!
Comments:  Love this hat, it's gorgeous and smooshy and perfect :-)
Ravelled here.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely colour - very kind of you.

I agree with the synopsis of the weather: when do we get summer? boo-hoo

kgirl said...

beaut colour...if it's the Kate I'm thinking it is, bet she loves it too!

2paw said...

It is a lovely colour and with such a cold Winter she will really appreciate it!!