Thursday, June 16, 2011

2011 FO #13 - Jo's baby hat #1

A friend at school has a medical issue which means that her babies all arrive early, so far she has delivered three healthy kids between 29 and 35 weeks of gestation.  She is currently pregnant with her 4th and after a two week stay in hospital between 31 and 33 weeks has reached 34.5 weeks and we are all crossing our fingers she can make it even further. The organisation involved in keeping track of 2 school age kids, one 2 year old and a prem baby is better put off for as long as possible!  So, knowing that the baby, when it arrives, is likely to be on the small side I decided to knit it some hats.  This is the first of 3 hats, knit with yarn  leftover after making a pair of socks.  This hat is what I'd call 3 month old size.  It will take a while, but baby is sure to grow into it!



Vital Statistics
Pattern:  My basic top down hat: 64 sts in total.
Yarn:  Blue Moon Fibre Arts Sock That Rock Mediumweight in the colour way Pride.
Needles:  4 mm Knit Pro interchangeables with Nickel tips.
Started:  May 21, 2011
Finished:  May 21, 2011
Mods:  None.
Comments:  Starting at the top and working my way down means I can keep knitting until I run out of yarn, perfect for using up all those sock scraps!
Ravelled here.

3 comments:

willywagtail said...

So cute. Love the little bit up the top. Cherrie

Lynne said...

Lovely!

BTW, what is the length of the colour repeats on that yarn?

2paw said...

It is so cute and I love the rainbow of colours!! I hope everything goes well.