Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011 FO #11 - Zac's rainbow socks #2

Zac came to me and said he needed a new pair of socks.  Not just any socks mind you, no, he had a specific request in mind, "Can I have rainbow socks please Mum?"  The answer was "yes" and I decided to try toe up socks so I could make them as long as we wanted.  Little did I know what the next request would be..."Mum, I want them to come up to my knees."  Thank goodness he's only 5 :-)  This pair is his second pair of rainbow socks, he lost one of the first pair one day at his Grandmother's house, never to be found again.  It better not happen with these ones or he'll be making the third pair!


Vital Statistics
Pattern:  Universal toe-up sock formula by Amy Swenson published in Knitty.
Yarn:  Cleckheaton Cocoon hand dyed by Lynne.
Needles:  2.5 mm Knit Pro circular with Nickel tips.
Started:  January 1, 2011
Finished:  March 31, 2011
Mods:  No mods as such, just calculations so that they fit him properly!
Comments:  He loves them.  The day after I finished them he wore them to school and had to show his teacher.  He was so proud and they are regularly on his feet :-)
Ravelled here.

3 comments:

2paw said...

Thank goodness indeed!! They are very rainbowy and I hope they never get lost!!

drkknits said...

gorgeous socks! and how lovely it is to have your hand knits appreciated like that. i think we all need a pair of knee high rainbow socks really.

Lynne said...

Ooooo, I feel like a proud grandmother! LOL

How does the Cocoon wear as socks? I'm thinking of knitting myself a (cream) pair?