Saturday, April 30, 2011

Found: 2 lost Birth Certificates

Yippee!
Hooray!
Yahoo!

Celebrations abound.  I may even make myself a drink.  The search is over.

Today as part of the reorganisation of our bedroom I moved the filing cabinet that has been inaccessible for the past two years back to it's original position in our room.  The joy of drawers that open all the way cannot be underestimated.  I opened the bottom drawer to put the files back in and a flash of white caught my eye.  I realised that underneath the bottom drawer was some paper, a small pile of paper and a plastic pocket.  5 minutes later and I had persuaded the bottom drawer to come off it's rail so I could access behind it.  Apart from some receipts from a couple of years ago there were the two long lost Birth Certificates carefully enclosed in a plastic pocket.  So at some point they were filed in the cabinet, they must have just slipped between two files and made their way to the bottom of the cabinet.  The search is over and apart from the relief of having found them is the relief of knowing that the next part of sorting out our room was to go through the very full filing cabinet item by item looking for these missing papers again and now there is no need :-)

Hope you have had a great Saturday, I certainly have.  Who can fault a lovely warm day and the solving of a mystery?

3 comments:

Emma said...

Yay! There's nothing like unexpected discoveries of long lost items!

Kate said...

Yay! How fabulous for you!

Lynne said...

Hip, hip, hooray! Three hearty cheers! Good for you.