Sunday, March 27, 2011

2011 FO #7 - Lanesplitter Skirt

I was given 4 balls of Noro colour 205 (pinks and purples) as payment for knitting my brother a Jayne's hat  a couple of years ago. This yarn sat in the stash for quite a while until I saw this skirt pattern.  The pattern recommended about 9 balls for the size I needed so I searched through Rav and found another ball in the same dyelot from Teri and then another 4 balls in a different dyelot from a lady in America.  I used one dyelot as "foreground" colour and the other as "background" colour.  I only used 6 balls in the end, so have 3 more floating around.  This is a lovely simple knit and I'm tempted to make another one in the greens/blues colourway I have in stash, except I'll need to find 2 more balls...

Picture credit goes to Teresa who kindly took this shot in our Tuesday SnB location at Bien Food, a little fresh fruit and veg market and deli mixed with a coffee shop.  Helen and Gina let us take over a fair amount of their cafe section for our Tuesday morning get togethers and are both very lovely about it and the mess the kids sometimes make.


Vital statistics
Pattern: Lanesplitter by Tina Whitmore
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden, colourway #205, dyelots A and D
Needles: 6mm Knit Pro interchangeables with Nickel tips.
Started: 13 November, 2010
Finished: 21 February, 2011
Modifications:  Instead of the waistband as directed in the pattern, I have bought a half slip from Kmart and oversewn it to the skirt evenly spaced.  This works ok but I will be going back and doing the waistband as described in the pattern as I think it will create a more stable (non-rolling) waist line.
Verdict: Love it!  Have worn it a few times now, it's comfortable, doesn't look like it's dropping or getting a terrible "seat".   It's currently in the hand wash pile. The boys find it fascinating and I am regularly unhooking their fingers from the purl ridges on the surface :-)
Find it on Ravelry here.

11 comments:

2paw said...

You looks fabulous in that skirt, it looks gorgeous!!!

KissMyFrog said...

That is cool, and you look great in it! Does it have any shaping, or is it just a straight tube?

Michelle said...

It's beautiful Leonie! What a great fit too!

geoff_tewierik said...

Looks great Bones, was wondering when you'd get around to using that wool.

Next time I'll get more than 4 balls :)

Lynne said...

Lovely - something different in Noro - well done.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous! You look great in it.

t does wool said...

what a great skirt!

drkknits said...

that is a most excellent use of the noro, like it was made for that skirt! oh i wish it was cold enough here for a knitted skirt, a great look!

Kate said...

Gosh that skirt is fabulous!

Rose Red said...

I love this pattern and it looks fantastic. I am SO going to make one for myself!

Emma said...

It looks awesome Leonie! It looks fantastic on you!