Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 FO#5 - Kerry's Dragon socks

Made as part of a swap, these were knit from the top down and striped beautifully.  They are nice and stretchy as well due to the nylon content.


Details
Pattern: Simplex (Rav link) by Regina Satta
YarnDrachenwolle Sockenwolle Handgef√§rbt  (Rav link)
Needles: 2.5mm KnitPro 80cm circular needles with nickel tips.
Started: January 22, 2011
Finished: February 2, 2011
Modifications: None
Verdict: The pattern is designed for people with low arches and these socks look like they fit the bill.  I wouldn't knit this pattern again for me as I have high arches and the fabric stretches quite tautly over the top of my foot.  They were intended for someone else and they do indeed have low arches. The yarn knits up very nicely and the fabric has a stretch to it that I haven't seen previously, I have a skein of this yarn in a rainbow colourway which I will make into a plain pair of socks sometime soon :-)

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Ah, don't you just love it when a yarn and pattern come together so well?

Emma said...

Five FOs! You're such a speed demon, seriously.

drkknits said...

oooh low arch socks! what a great idea! these look awesome.