Monday, February 21, 2011

2011 FO# 4- Soup Monkey socks

There has been a lot of chatter amongst friends about the lovely Wollmeise yarn and how challenging it can be to purchase due to it's popularity, so when I saw this gorgeous yarn on a destash on Ravelry I decided to treat myself and dive right in :-)


Having also knit the Monkey pattern by Cookie A twice now for other people it was high time I had a pair.  The Monkey pattern is quite simple to follow, and now that I've made it three times, it seems to be ingrained into my brain so leaving my pattern behind was never a problem.



Details:
Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A (A free pattern available from Knitty)
Yarn: Wollmeise Twin in the colourway Gazpacho (Twin is 80% Wool/20% Nylon)
Needles: 2.25mm KnitPro circular needle with Nickel Tips.
Started: November 19, 2010.
Finished: January 29, 2010.
Modifications: None
Verdict:  I'm stepping out of my comfort zone a little with this colour scheme, but oh what a way to go!  Love them :-)

You can find the project page on Ravelry here.

4 comments:

dillpickle said...

Gorgeous! I'm halfway down the foot of my second monkey sock, so the end is in sight! It's a fun pattern to knit.

Emma said...

I have a guilty secret... I think I'm the only knitter on the planet who hasn't knit a pair of Monkeys!

They look fantastic, a really nice colour combination.

drkknits said...

there really isnt anything that doesnt work with monkeys. great looking socks!

le@thirdontheright said...

love love love these - too fab for words ... you are too clever - bring on the cold weather ! best le xox