Friday, October 8, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 8th

Well it has been a pretty mental week over here and I am well and truly happy it is over. Not enough sleep and lots of maternal angst have not been a good combination.

Thank you for all of your lovely Birthday wishes, they made me smile and I really needed to smile earlier in the week. As the week has progressed things have started to resolve in a couple of areas so the stress is easing.

There were some highlights that helped me through the week.

A couple of cool things turned up in the post: some beautiful yarn


and a Curlypops original coloured in my favourite colour/s. Thanks Cam it made my day :-)


I finished Jules' socks, and have a little left over for just in case :-) All details on my Rav page.

and the next clue for the Mystery sock was released (blog link, Rav link)

So this evening I have had some time out in my room with my knitting and my Birthday present Ipod shuffle while Jules has played outside with the kids before we put them to bed. Time to rest, time to have a break, time to just be.

Hoping that next week is better, chances are it will just be different. There are still things that aren't resolved, some haven't come to a head yet and probably will in the next few weeks, some things will probably be ongoing for a very long time and as a Mother they will always cause me angst. But I'll keep on keeping on and I'll get there in the end.

Have a great weekend. I'm looking forward to some more sun.

4 comments:

2paw said...

Lovely wool there and hurray for the socks!!!

CurlyPops said...

You're very welcome indeed. Mr Turtle matches your noro yarn!

dillpickle said...

I hope you've found a chance to claw back some of that sleep debt from the other night! And hopefully some dedicated knitting time has achieved at least a step back towards equilibrium...? Well done on the socks - it must be rather satisfying to have them done with only that much yarn left! Some very impressive calculations involved there, I think!!

drkknits said...

heres hoping for a better this week. happy belated birthday wishes xx