Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 6th

A sock update!

First up a pair of socks I am making as part of a Ravelry swap. Received the yarn last Friday and got started almost straight away. The pattern is Cookie A's Monkey pattern. Have finished the cuff and the 6 repeats of pattern down the leg. Last night did the heel flap and picked up the gusset stitches, starting the gusset decreases now and then will be working down the foot for the rest of the week.The yarn is Kauni 100% wool and the colour graduation in this darker skein is quite slow. Will be interesting to see how long it takes to go back to the darker colour.
This second ball is the "payment" ball. I rather like the oranges, reds and yellows, especially when seen from the end of the ball. These balls are sold as approx 150g, this one coming in at 140g so more than enough for a pair of socks. Might have to have a look around at other options for it though since it seems like it might be enough for a light shawl. Not that I'm a shawl girl necessarily but I know a few people who are that might end up being on the receiving end as a gift :-)

And because they have definitely not been forgotten, here are Jules' socks. Have finished the refit on the first one and am onto the foot portion of the second one. Have again carefully not cut the yarn and grafted as paranoia is definitely in play :-) Won't be long until they will be done, have 45 rows to go including the toe shaping and yes that little ball is all that's left but I should make it.....

Project bag supplied courtesy of Lynne last year. As you can see Lynne it is in use :-)

Waiting on the second clue for the mystery sock, it's been sitting patiently waiting since Friday allowing me to work on these other two pairs instead.

So there you go. Hoping to finish Jules' sock before the next clue comes out on Friday, but it will depend upon other items on my list which I am actually slowly getting to.

5 comments:

2paw said...

That's unusual wool and the orange is very pretty. Crossing my fingers that you have enough wool in that little ball to finish the sock...
I am waiting for clue 2 too!!

Melissa said...

I love the orange yarn, and can't wait for clue two!

Brianna said...

Orange yarn looks so pretty. Good luck getting the rest of the socks done.

blessed speedy said...

Im so glad you are happy to knit socks for me and that you like the orange - I did too and actualy thought it might go well with the red somehow - just a thought!

Lynne said...

Very long repeats on that yarn - I can't wait to see how it knits up (as you can see I'm months behind but I am reading every post since last June!)