Saturday, October 2, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 2nd

Today is party preparation day.

The choccy chip cookies are done and have been tasted tested and declared "tasty".
The Toblerone cheesecake is done and in the fridge. No taste testing on that one :-)
The Birthday Cake is in the oven and the buzzer just went so I'll be back in a mo after I check on it...well the cake portion of the Birthday cake is done and cooling on the bench. The decorating will happen this evening after the kids have gone to bed and are ASLEEP. For Hunter's Birthday cake, he came out of his room after I had started decorating it. So much for a surprise! Anyway as this one is for Tyler and he's normally out as soon as his head hits the pillow we should be right.

Have had a break and a bit of knitting with my cup of tea. Cleaning is up next. That and putting away the next round of washing. I don't suppose choccy chip cookies count as a reasonable lunch do they? Better have some lunch as well then.

Yesterday I worked on three different pairs of socks:
-Finally finished the third knit on Jules' first sock and pulled the second sock back to past the heel, removing 17 rows of leg length and then started on the heel flap for the second time.
-Did the first clue for the TTL Mystery sock. My 2 cuffs are done and waiting until next week. If you want a look at them they are on my Rav project page here. I know a couple of readers are also working on them so don't want to spoil the surprise for them.
-Received some yarn in the post as part of a working swap on Rav and started on the first sock. The yarn is Kauni pure wool (The EM-dark red). It feels a little scratchy to me, apparently that is a trait of the sheep the wool comes from. It should soften up a little when washed. Pattern is Monkey by Cookie A, a free pattern available online through Knitty. I'll be working on them for the next few weeks and then sending them back to their owner once done.

So I'll be talking knitting breaks from cleaning and preparing for the rest of the day :-)
I might even manage to get out into the sun again today. Yesterday was gorgeous and today is certainly shaping up the same.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Well haven't you been busy! I hope you manage to keep the surprise. I love the yarn you are using for the Mystery KAL.

Sue said...

Ooh I hope the birthday cake stays a surprise! You have been a busy little bee and still managed to knit!

2paw said...

Wow, you have squeezed a lot into a day!! I started the socks last night. Twice, but I was too tired and had to unravel them.
I think choc chip biscuits are lunch fare!!

Emma said...

I feel exhausted just reading what you've been up to!

Chocolate chip cookies have been known to form breakfast here on occasion, so they're definitely ok as lunch!