Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 27th

Knitter's dilemma today.

Will I have enough yarn to finish my Mystery socks or will I be short.  Oh well, I'll wait until I get the toe clue and then I'll see I suppose.  Then I'll be a frogging again if I need the extra yarn.  Of course it would have been good to check the yardage at the beginning.......

Yes I went through the same thing with Jules' socks in the same yarn but he has long feet so I wasn't surprised.

Mental note: Ms Gusset yarn is gorgeous and smooshy and lovely to knit but I need to have a shorter leg section than I've made this time or I'm gonna run out of yarn.  Either that or knit toe up so it doesn't matter.  Better still check the yardage requirements BEFORE starting knitting!!!

I may be getting ahead of myself.  I may get there with the yarn left but it's going to be close.

Ah the joys of being a knitter...the suspense of it all :-)

PS Don't forget the lovely yarn/hand care kit/face care kit available in my Giveaway.  You have 3 days left to enter!

2 comments:

2paw said...

Yo are the Alfred Hitchcock of sock knitters!! I have just picked my socks up again and I am only up to the gusset pick up so it's a good thing I have short feet!!

nicole said...

and who says knitting isn't an adrenaline hobby?
i'm always on the edge of my seat trying to work out if i have enough wool ha ha!