Thursday, October 21, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 21st

Today was a gorgeous day.

I had some news late last night that quite literally sent me into a happy dance and solves one of the dilemmas I have been wrestling with recently. So nice to have that issue out of my brain space :-) Certainly made for a brilliant start to the day.

Despite one of the boys having a major melt down over the breakfast cereal choice this morning, everyone got their butts into gear and we were beautifully on time for childcare drop off and school drop off. An hour spent in the classroom doing reading and then the rest of the day was mine.

No appointments, no jobs needing doing apart from hanging out the washing and giving Di's socks a bath and a dry.

So I fished out one of those long term WIP's, you know the ones I was trying to finish before the end of the year. It was the crocheted flower blanket. Sorted out where I was up to and where I wanted to go next and promptly made the first flower on a 6mm hook instead of a 5mm one! Oops. Pulled it out and finished it and another three flowers. Still have no idea just how many I will stop at. I want to get an even number of flowers of all the colours and see how big that looks and then work from there.

Also pulled out and worked on the little quilt from last week. Decided to put some batting inside and a binding around the edge. Did all the pinning and sewed the binding on then realised I hadn't got the corners quite right. Crap. Have worked out a fudge though. The front will look perfectly fine, it's just the back of the corners may end up a little lumpy, I'll have to see. Worst comes to worst I pull the binding off and do it again.

So a productive day, a quiet day and a mostly peaceful day. Just lovely :-)

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh no, a meltdown over breakfast cereal. I am glad your day brightened up and that you had time for some crafting!!