Friday, October 1, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 1st


Welcome to a month of a post a day!

Can't guarantee it will all be interesting but I have a few things up my sleeve to change it up.

What to expect
- a few letters to my children (things I want to tell them now but they may not be interested in hearing yet and also just so I don't forget to say them)
-the odd parenting tip, you know the stuff you learn the hard way and wish someone had mentioned it earlier (not guaranteeing they'll work for you but hey sometimes it's worth hearing what works for others)
-knitting, that's right it's a knitting blog! Will be finishing up Jules' socks, doing a mystery sock and knitting a pair of socks for a friend. Sounds like a socky month ;-)
-giveaway/s not sure how many. At least one!
-the usual stuff, you know the everyday life stuff that sometimes makes it's way onto the blog. Things happening around the house, stuff the kids are up to, that sort of thing.

Bring it on I say.

Yesterday was Master Tyler's 3rd Birthday :-) I think that means I no longer have a toddler in the house. He still claims to be "little", he is hesitant about being called a "big boy" which sort of makes sense because his brothers are in fact a whole heap bigger than him. He had a great day with presents from his brothers (a puzzle, some Harry and the Dinosaur books and a mini footy), in the morning and presents from Mum and Dad in the evening (a balance bike and helmet). A drop in visit from his cousin and aunt provided a marble race. So he's working his way from one thing to the next and grinning from ear to ear occasionally saying "more things hiding???" Hunter made "Birthday Cake" for his little brother, we had cupcakes with mini m&m's hiding inside and stuck on the icing on top. Tyler's party will be on Sunday so the next couple of days will be dedicated to the odd bit of cleaning and some cooking including his Birthday cake.

I'm also waiting for the first clue of the Through the Loops 2010 Mystery Sock Knit a long. That should turn up some time this arvo if I remember last year correctly (midnight on an American coast). Have chosen my yarn, just need to wind it up. I'm sure I'll have helpers for that. Will be working from both ends of the yarn cake once it is done. It may turn out to be a bit dark for the pattern but we will see as we don't know what the pattern will be!

See you again tomorrow :-)

6 comments:

Sue said...

Yay for blogtoberfest! I look forward to reading some of your parenting tips too. The wool looks gorgeous and I cant wait to see the pattern!

2paw said...

Well that sounds like a good programme for the month.
Happy birthday to your Big/Little boy!!
Thanks for mentioning the Through the Loops sock pattern too.

drkknits said...

so brave, doing blogtoberfest. i tried it once and nearly had a nervous breakdown, but i look forwrd to reading your happenings!

HayleyK said...

Happy Blogtoberfest! This should be fun!

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I love the colour of your yarn ... and you've reminded me to put the Blogtoberfest logo up. I must get that done.
My blog

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!