Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Blogtoberfest 2010 - 19th

Today is Tuesday. On Tuesday it is always Vegetarian on the menu as we usually have dinner with my little sister and her partner who are Vego's. One week at their house, the next at ours. Tonight it was our turn and as I had just picked up a new Indian recipe book (The Food of India - a journey for food lovers) for $10 when I was grocery shopping last night at C*les I was keen to try my hand at a few new dishes.


On the menu tonight was (clockwise from top left): Parippu (Dal), Cauliflower with Mustard, our bowls, Basmati rice (absorption method) and a Carrot salad.

I've never made Dal before so that was interesting and I really liked both the Carrot salad and the Cauliflower with Mustard which was very mustardy but in a good way.

There were other recipes I wanted to try but they needed Tamarind puree and while I had all of the other spice ingredients that was one I did not have. Looks like it goes on the shopping list and we'll be having Indian again soon :-)

1 comment:

2paw said...

Oh that looks so delicious, dahl is lovely Darl!!!