Friday, October 29, 2010

2010 FO# 47 - TTL Mystery socks 2010

And they are done!

The last clue was released just after 3pm this arvo.  In my sleep deprived state I completely forgot to check for it until after school pick up when I sat down with a cup of tea and a chocolate muffin.

In light of my fear of running out of yarn I ended up working on both of the toes alternating until they were both done.  In the end I finished the socks as per pattern with a whole 2.8m of yarn left.  They are probably a tad shorter in the foot than I'd normally make them but they are still comfy :-)

Vital Statistics
Pattern: Through the Loops Mystery Socks 2010 by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Ms Gusset sock yarn
Needles: 2.5 mm Knit Pro nickel tipped circulars
Started: October 1, 2010
Finished: October 29, 2010
Mods: None
Comments: Ended up with a slightly shorter foot than usual but otherwise they are lovely!

3 comments:

2paw said...

They are lovely. I've run out of steam after one toe. I'm off to bed and I can finish them tomorrow!!

drkknits said...

lovely indeed. great colour!

dillpickle said...

I'm so impressed that you finished both of them before the end of october! I'm still working on the foot of my first, but getting closer and closer to the toe ;-)

BTW, I checked out Ms Gussett's Etsy shop and MAY have picked up a couple of skeins of sock yarn - one is a birthday present for mum but I got two so she'd have a choice. That's reasonable, isn't it!?! Thanks for the link!!