Friday, September 17, 2010

2010 FO# 41 - Shelves of Pride socks

Last Christmas I was asked to write a wishlist of gifts I might like to receive as part of our family's Kris Kringle type arrangement. It occurred to me that since I love knitting and yarn and needles so much I might as well really get some presents I wanted. So I put a book, some needles and some yarn on my list and in the end either through vouchers or direct purchases was gifted with all three. The yarn was Socks that Rock mediumweight in the colourway Pride (rainbow).

When it came time to knit with this yarn I looked for a pattern that would show off the colours and since I didn't want completely plain socks, something with a little pattern but nothing that would get lost because of the colours. This was quite a big challenge. In the end I found the pattern in amongst my faves on Rav! It was perfect. My new socks are thick and warm and very bright and happy :-)


Needles: 2.25mm Nickel tipped Knit Pro interchangeable circular needle.
Pattern: Shelves Upon Shelves by Erica Lauder
Started: July 9th, 2010
Finished: September 12th, 2010
Modifications: None :-)

5 comments:

2paw said...

That's a good Christmas idea, and that pattern is perfect. I love the way the wool has been dyed, I could just hang it up and look at it as 'art'!!!

le@thirdontheright said...

I am loving these ... since leaving the north and come to the mounts I have bought me some fab red bed socks with pom poms ... makes me feel like Scarlet O'Hara wearing them and the are so warm and yummy ... wish I was clever like you :) best le

Melissa said...

They are gorgeous! The perfect pattern with the perfect yarn.

Kate said...

So pretty! I love that Pride colourway, and what a fabulous pattern to use it with!

Lynne said...

Very pretty colourway and an unusual pattern.