Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A pact

We have been terribly remiss in making time for Hunter to read the reader sent home from school. We get to it here and there but we don't have a good habit. We were much better about it last year, not sure why it has been prioritised down this year. So in an effort to get some more regular reading practice in I promised that I would work on projects specifically for him when he was reading to me. The purpose of this was twofold, the first being me getting around to finishing his replacement soft toy from the beginning of last year who unfortunately got "loved" to death in the space of one day. And the second was for me to get started on a hooded cardigan for him from the wool I bought at the Bendigo backroom a couple of weeks ago.


The replacement toy is all stuck together now and just requires eyes and a mouth and I have measured and calculated and cast on and completed the band for the back of his hoody. So there's not much more to go for Fireysaurus Mark II, but it's going to take an awful lot more reading time to get his hoody done :-)

4 comments:

2paw said...

That's a lovely pact and the toy and the cardi are looking good too.

M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rose Red said...

That's a great idea for getting both the reading done and squeezing in some more knitting time!

Emma said...

That's a great pact! I'd gladly read out loud in exchange for a Fireysaurus Mark II.