Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The market was...

Interesting.

Sunday's Market: Was held in the Atrium at the entrance to the Ian Potter Centre of the NGV at Federation Square. We had an inflated sculpture above us of a teddy bear with a train by Michael Doolan and heaps of people passing through on their way to see various exhibitions at the galleries and to meet friends at the cafe's. Heaps of exposure to passers by. I was right next to the delightful Morgan Wills who had an amazing array of hand made Babushka dolls of all sizes.

I had my table all ready to go and true to knitters form felt like it was a golden opportunity to get some child free knitting in. So I set up my swift and ball winder and caught the attention of every child present and passing by and a few older gentlemen as well who stopped to check out the swift going round and round. I ended up partially collapsing the swift and hanging some hats from it later in the day. Had brought my 8mm short circular with me so by closing up time I had finished this hat:
Made a couple of sales later in the day which was good and will be putting everything else up on my website in the next few days.

Future Markets: Have just been notified that the Northside Makers Market that I attended a couple of times earlier in the year won't be running as an independent market this Summer so will be looking around for other Melbourne Markets that might be good places to have a stall at. Love the atmosphere of the Markets even though they can be a bit fickle in terms of sales.

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

You just never know what will happen when you sign up for a market. I've found that it's always a guessing game as to whether it will be successful.