Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No good deed goes unpunished....

Have just spent the last 3 days and 2 nights at my big sister's place with her husband and 4 kids. 7 kids in the house, you'd think it would be mayhem and madness but that was not the case. Two of my three are good matches with hers they keep each other occupied very well. Lots of trampolining, scootering, riding, sandpit play. Between 3 meals and two snacks a day for 7 kids aged between 11 and 2, the amount of food consumed always amazes me!

My sister and I got to chat a little, do some organising, a little knitting (she has a new second hand knitting machine she's trying to work out how to use, I was working on a sock for a friend) and we also managed a little cleaning. She had mentioned a need to clean the inside of the windows in the upstairs section because they keep getting lots of condensation on them so while she was organising food I'd grab the squeegee and remove the water from a window and then clean the window with some windex. It was all going well until I took down a lace curtain from the study window. I noticed a dead wasp and moved my grip on the curtain rod so I could flick the wasp off when I felt a sharp sting in the hand holding the curtain rod. Yep there was another wasp that I hadn't noticed and I had grabbed it when I moved my hand. Should have checked, just didn't think of it. A little under the breath swearing and an ice pack later and the window was clean and the curtain replaced. I've been surprised at how much it hasn't annoyed me. The drive home was a little uncomfortable because the sting is at the base of my central finger on my left hand and I had to hold the steering wheel, but it hasn't been itchy at all. I'd forgotten it had happened until I rubbed some hand cream into my hands and irritated it.

I'm hoping it won't be too annoying tomorrow because I have plans to sew the final two seams that will connect the two sleeves into my Twigs and Leaves cardigan and the "millions" of ends and then I will have my new cardy all done :-)

3 comments:

2paw said...

Oh that sounds quite painful but how nice that your children all get on. That's great!!

Michelle said...

Ouch! I felt the sting as I read your post!

That'll teach you to go messing around with other people's dirty windows though!

Sue said...

Ouch! Lucky you werent allergic to them. I am allergic to bee stings and they hurt a lot so I cant imagine the wasp sting hurting any less. I hope your sister was very thankful that she now has very clean windows because of you, lol! It sounds as though your kids all get along well which is great for you mums too.