Friday, June 11, 2010

2010 FO# 21 - Green hat


I'm obviously very creative in my naming of hats!

This hat was my waiting in the car at school or watching the kids at swimming or tennis knitting for the past few weeks.

Started May 28th, 2010.
Finished June 11th, 2010.
Yarn: Naturally Merino et Soie, 10ply, 1 ball.
Needles: Knitpro circulars 4mm.
Pattern: From my own head. Still tweaking how I want the increases in the crown to work and show up. It is a top down circular knit so only two ends to sew in and a whole 30cm/1ft of yarn left over. I'm going to use the other ball I have of this to make a hat similar to Zac's recent one.

Sized to fit a 6 month old through to an almost three year old. My lovely model was certainly not allowed to touch!!
He had been playing with his biggest brother and when I called him to the door he willingly tipped his head for me to put the hat on to take photos and even waited patiently when I had to dive back inside to retrieve the camera memory card from the laptop :-) When we were all done I said "thank you" and he said "that's ok" what more could you want from a less than three year old model???

2 comments:

2paw said...

Love the green hat (of course) and what a cute model!!!!!

Lynne said...

The hat is cute and the model is gorgeous (what great manners - congratulations mum and dad).