Wednesday, May 5, 2010

2010 FO# 12 - Knitted Ball


A while ago I decided it might be interesting to try my creative hand at knitting a ball. At the time I didn't own my Knit Pro circulars so I made up the pattern as I went and knit it flat. Once it was all knit up it sat for simply ages......all it needed was a seam and stuffing. So at the beginning of the year when I surveyed my projects and realised that was all this project needed I had no qualms about adding it to the list of things to be done by the end of the year. I think it took me a whole 10 minutes one night to finish while watching something on the TV. I have to admit though that were I to make it again, and here I am hoping I have written down somewhere what I actually did, I will definitely knit it in the round and then there won't be any seams at all just start and end pieces of yarn to sew in. It has turned out the way I hoped, I'm very happy with it in fact.

Started: Sometime in 2008
Finished: April 1st, 2010 (no joke!)
Yarn: Patons Serenity (Bamboo/Cotton mix)
Stuffed with: Siliconised Polyester Toy stuffing
Needles: 4mm bamboo straights
Pattern: Made up as I went along
Size: 32 cm circumference
Ravelled here.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

It's lovely. You have stuffed it very well, perfectly spherical - no lumps! Well done.