Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 FO# 11 - Feather and Fan Scarf

A simple scarf in a simple pattern that rather effectively shows up the colour changes in the yarn.
Had two balls of Morris and Sons Quartet (70% Wool and 30% Soysilk) in the Quill colourway. After using the blue toned ones (Wharf) to make a plain scarf last year, I thought I'd use the brown ones to make a feather and fan scarf to see how it worked.

I used a k2 edge and a 6 stitch feather and fan repeat and just kept going until I ran out of yarn. There was one problem: the two knots in the balls. I really find it annoying when you pay good money for yarn and it ends up having knots in it. Luckily they almost matched the colour when they rejoined the yarn, it was close enough that I could just continue knitting and it wasn't an obvious colour change.

Anyway like the way it all turned out just have to decide what to do with it next :-)

5 comments:

2paw said...

It's lovely, I made one on bigger needles with border stitches and just one repeat. It is a great pattern. Very disappointing about the knots but at least the colours matched.

Melissa said...

It looks very pretty. As it is starting to get cool now you could just wrap it around your neck :P Bugger about the knots.

artificiallymythic said...

That is just such a lovely scarf! I do hate knots in the yarn though - it is one of my pet peeves.

I feel inspired! :)

Lynne said...

It's lovely and it worked beautifully; don't you just love it when "what ifs" work out?

Tell Morris and Sons about the knots; you have a right to "complain" and they have every reason to know!

Drewzel said...

Oh this is lovely! The colour changes look great. mmmm.