Sunday, April 11, 2010

2010 FO# 10 - Facewasher


I know this is just a little square but it has brought with it a couple of questions.

I knit this on the diagonal, 4 stitch cast on, K2, yo, K to end until I got to 60 stitches (23cm side length) then decreased by K2,yo, K3tog until last 4 sts then cast off.

Problem is it tapered strongly at the cast off edge (top right) rather than being curved like the cast on end (bottom left), it sort of looked stretched. So I took the last few rows out and decreased more quickly and cast off on more stitches but now it has this V shape at the end. Maybe I'm fussy but I want both the ends to have the same shape.....

So any ideas out there for how I can decrease to get a similar shape at both ends or am I just going to have to live with it????

Stats: 8 ply Heirloom Cotton, 4mm bamboo sticks in 2 days.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

You could try casting on with only two stitches - this would give you a sharper corner at cast-on. Don't know any way to change the cast off but I'll give it some thought!

t does wool said...

I agree...but it looks great and it will be wet and used right ;)