Monday, January 25, 2010

You know you are too tired when.....

The checkout assistant (20ish, male) gives you a funny look and you think back to what you just said to him when you couldn't hear the total for your grocery bill and realise you said:

"Sorry Honey I couldn't hear you there was too much noise"

Sure it was 10pm on the Monday night after we got back from camping and I was picking up some groceries so we had food to eat for the week, and I had just been swimming laps for the first time in more than a week. I was obviously way more tired than I thought :-) I must admit though that I am quite glad that my automatic response was in fact somewhat socially acceptable, even if in retrospect it made me look like I was 60 or so instead of 36!!

The expression on his face was priceless!!

7 comments:

Sometimes Unwilling Guru said...

LOL!!!

kgirl said...

ha ha! in your defense, that generation gives everyone funny looks though!

ya old biddy ;)

Lynne said...

Must have had water in your ears! Can't think of an excuse for the "honey" though! LOL

t does wool said...

;))

Julie said...

When I went back to school at 35, I called my fellow very-young students "kid" a lot. They alternated between offended and nonplussed. Next time I'll try 'honey'.

It's good for 'em. Makes 'em think. Heeheehee.

Andrea said...

Bwahahahaaa! Brilliant!

Drewzel said...

I call everyone honey :P heheh