Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wonderful news

Yesterday was a wonderful day, my new neice safely arrived in the world. Little Miss M took her time getting organised but she's here and healthy and sleepy and gorgeous. I had spent a fair amount of Sunday morning working on a quilt I was making for her, hand sewing on the binding and when my sister called to say she had arrived I still had about 40cm to go! It was quickly finished off, measured (108 x 141 cm), photographed and packaged up ready to deliver!

Have had the fabric sitting around for a couple of years. When I first saw it I knew it was going to be for my little sister's first child. I just had to be patient :-) I did all the planning for the quilt while we were at the beach and cut everything up and started sewing once we came home. So it's quite literally hot off the presses!

On the way into the hospital with our crew I sewed the buttons onto the little Ixchel cardy (finally) and put it in a bag ready for delivery. Talk about cutting it fine! Forgot to take the camera with me so not only do you have to wait for photos of the baby but also of the cardy, sorry.

We had lots of cuddles, Tyler is fascinated by his little cousin and needs to be watched closely because he is just a little too enthusiastic with her! The big boys were both curious about her and when she would wake up....not while we were there!! We will see her again on Tuesday either at the hospital or at home depending on how long the hospital stay is.

A big congratulations to my little sister and her D on the safe arrival of their little bundle of joy!

2 comments:

2paw said...

That is wonderful news and your quilt is lovely!!!!

Lynne said...

Congratulations to the whole family.

I love "The Very Hungry Caterpillar".