Friday, December 11, 2009

One year on

A year ago today my Nan passed away. It was a sad time at the end of a highly stressful year. I have thought of her often. When little things happened, things that I would call her about like watching the Tennis in January, I'd miss her more. I know I'll always miss her at moments like that. It's nice to be able to reflect on the things she brought to my life. The love of cups of tea. The support during my schooling and University studies. Her love for her grandchildren, my children. While not being the most social of people she had a great love for her family and it's nice to be able to remember that.

Thinking of you Nan.

2 comments:

t does wool said...

hugs,Leonie...
I was thinking of my gram today..xo

Michelle said...

I lost my nana about 6 years ago and I still miss her a great deal. Her number is still in my mobile contacts - I just can't bear to delete it because to delete it would be like deleting her memory. Silly, I know.

I'm thinking of you.