Saturday, November 7, 2009

FO# 26 - Best Friend Socks

I finished sewing in the ends and took photos of the Best Friend Socks last night just in time for them to be gifted away to my swimming partner this morning.


Vital Stats: Patons Patonyle 4 ply, was looking for a Burgundy and this was the closest I could get on short notice from one of the local yarn stores.
Needles: 2.5mm knitpro circulars.
Pattern: Best Friend socks by Deby Lake, free pattern on Rav.
Thoughts: While doing the cables made these socks longer in terms of time to knit, the cables made for easy counting and matching when doing the second sock. They were finished over the weekend while we were away but I had forgotten to take a sewing needle with me so the ends weren't dealt with until late last night. This pattern makes a lovely thick sock and they will be tempting to make for myself at some point.

Best bit? They were declared "Cool" by both the recipient and her 4 year old daughter who also asked "How did she know you like red Mum?" The fact that we have known each other for 17 years, and were each others Bridesmaids might have a little to do with it!

2 comments:

2paw said...

The socks are lovely, I don;'t think I now the pattern but they are socks of love with lots of cables I think!!!

Lynne said...

Looking good!

I'm glad they were well received.