Saturday, October 3, 2009

Blogtoberfest day 3 - party planning

We are in party preparation mode here today. The front lawn has been mowed, the back lawn is in the process of being mown. I am putting together the party food list and am about to choose the Birthday cake (this is my last chance, next year Tyler will be three and it will be his chance to choose!). Have started a shopping list for today for making the Birthday cake, the toblerone cheesecake and various other things. Tomorrow is a whole different list of stuff to be bought on the day like fresh white bread for the fairy bread.

My sister and her partner are babysitting the kids tonight so Jules and I can go out for dinner, which in reality puts a bit of a spanner in the works as the evening before is when I usually put the cake together, but it's all good. A little bit of time management will have to be employed. At least I have tomorrow morning to do stuff if I need to as the party isn't until 2pm.

So what's your favourite party food? And if you have kids what is theirs?? I'm always on the lookout for new additions to the party menu!

10 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I know I'm too old for it but I still love fairy bread, and honey joys and chocolate crackles.
For savoury, I love the 70's classic of kabana and cheese with Savoy biccies.

Sarah said...

Hope the party went well - I'm a sucker for any party food - I seem to remember sausage rolls and icecream and jelly featuring large at any gathering of my childhood.

Good luck with the mystery sock, looks good so far doesn't it?

Rose Red said...

Fairy bread, honey joys and little boys with tomato sauce! Yum!

Teresa said...

Sorry to be obvious, but you can't go past fairy bread. The boys were useless, couldn't remember, or maybe they just ate everything!

Tiggy Johnson said...

If I told you what my favourite party food was, then I'd expect you to have some ready, so I'll spare you the effort :)

2paw said...

Oh yes, fairy bread, but it has to have round 100s and 1000s not sprinkles!! Yes to sausage rolls, cocktail sausages and we usually had home made pavlova with strawberries and passionfruit on top.

trasha said...

Fairy bread if I am being honest(funnily no-one over here likes them!) or sticks of Cheddar cheese and pineapple if I am being grown-up.

Lynne said...

Chocolate crackles!

If I attend my in-laws for any kind of party I have to bring my lemon jelly cheesecake!

Enjoy the party - hope the weather is better than it is in Sydney this weekend.

TinkingBell said...

Fairy bread all the way (and I'm a sucker for a baked cheesecake.......) Oh and haney joys too - thanks Rosered!

t does wool said...

the party sounds wonderful!! have fun with the mystery socks ;)