Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blogtober 24 - Three Finished Objects

As mentioned earlier in the week I decided to get the sewing machine out and create a couple of bags as presents for two little boys for their birthdays. The last time I made a bag like this was at Nikki's bag making day for the Bushfire Survivors. Unfortunately I couldn't find my instructions from that day and I had only vague memories of how we achieved our goal on the day so I elected to make a practice bag for Zac just in case I manage to completely muff it up! So the first bag was completed on Thursday morning in time for Zac to proudly take his stuff to Kinder in it.

Minor modifications were incorporated into the second round, and I started the two gift bags yesterday afternoon between dropping one kid at Nanny and Poppy's house and picking another one up from school. After running around doing errands this morning I set it all up again and finished them off.

So we have three bags completed and I'm really happy with how they have turned out. I have even written down what I did so that when I next want to make one I'll have the instructions!!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Cute!

Wise idea to write it down.