Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blogtober 21 - The Planning

Well this evening I sat down and picked a date and time for my Crafternoon. I've written out a notice and tomorrow will distribute it to the other Mums of Prep kids at Hunter's School. Then we will just have to wait and see how many takers there are and where their interests lay!

In the meantime it's time to stop ignoring the millions of things I've been letting slip by in the house and actually get to them and get them done before all and sundry arrive to be crafty. I have just over three weeks to get a grip on the madness that has crept upon my house and contain and eradicate it.

It's funny, I don't actually have a problem with it. I love getting ready for our kids' Birthday parties because I know the house gets a thorough clean up. I have at various points actually contemplated the thought of scheduling an event at least every two months in the off season so the house doesn't get as out of hand in the 9 month gap betweeen the "last" birthday and the "first" birthday. I know, somewhat insane.....just goes to show how much Me and housework don't get along and how much I know I need a kick up the rump to make me do it. Self knowledge is a wonderful thing!

The kids have been getting up at the crack of dawn this week, who knows why?? I surely don't. So I'm heading off to unpack and repack the dishwasher then falling in to bed for hopefully a solid night's sleep in my own bed unlike last nights 3 hours on the couch.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Ooooo! Hope you got a good night's sleep.

BTW, you're not alone! As a young couple (both working), WM and I would invite people over periodically so the house would get a good clean up!