Monday, October 19, 2009

Blogtober 19 - Crafternoon?

I'm thinking of holiding a crafting afternoon (Crafternoon) at my house for the other Mums of prep kids at school. The idea would be for them to bring whatever project they have going or to try something new if they want. A chance for us to get together without the kids in a crafty environment. I will be sending the kids away with their Dad for the duration so we won't have to worry about little fingers in everything, and the polished floors mean that if we drop something it will either be easy to find or easy to sweep up before the children return.

So.....

Any ideas of what I'll need as the host? I've got more than enough needles and yarn for newbie knitters/crocheters if they want it. Fabric, a basic sewing machine, rotary cutter and mat, scissors and threads and an overlocker for the sewing inclined. A couple of different tables so that different crafts can be set up separately. A big back yard in case of lovely weather. Recipes on hand for yummy treats.

Have you hosted such a get together before?

Any tips?

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

Sounds like a great idea! Maybe some books or magazines with crafty ideas to provide some inspiration for those with a less strong crafty gene? Let us know how it goes, if you decide to go ahead and do it!

kgirl said...

hee, "crafternoon" sounds awesome!

I'd have some yummy food, some inspiration books or mags, and a comfy inviting room for it all to take place in, I guess.

Crafty peeps will bring the rest ;)

Juddie said...

Always a great idea ....

I would suggest asking everyone to bring a little something to drink and nibble, and just make sure that there's enough seating, lighting and table space. The rest (laughter, creativity, fun, etc.) tends to emerge spontaneously at no extra cost .... :-)

Lynne said...

I'm moving to Melbourne - I so wanna join you!