Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blogtober 18 - Botanical Gardens SnB

It's that time of month again, SnB at the Botanical Gardens!

I headed off around lunchtime, leaving Jules to wrangle the kids for the afternoon and drove into town to meet up with the girls. Took my Habu, the finished sock for my friend and the half finished Mystery sock for show and tell. All well received, which is lovely, thank you ladies!

We had a visitor in the form of Lynne, who is back in Oz for a visit at the moment. Nice to meet her in person.

Cast on for the second of my friends' socks and completed a good couple of inches, 6 pattern repeats, a sum total of 36 rows. Sometimes working in small yarn (4 ply/fingering weight) on small needles (2.5mm) is just disappointing! But hey every row counts!

Came home to a chicken roasting in the oven with some onions and potatoes and garlic. Chicken and chips with a difference!!

Hope you had a great weekend. I'll be fitting some more knitting in once the boys are in bed!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Sounds like the perfect day!

Lynne S of Oz said...

Hey, now I am confused! That first commenter is not me! LOL
Ah socks take a while to see progress but they pack a mighty punch!
Lovely meeting you too.