Friday, September 11, 2009

Suspicious sounds and the most beautiful sound in the world

There have been some suspicious sounds floating round our house today.

-Little whisperings that when queried were apparently "nothing" but turned out to be one kid coercing the other to do something naughty. Children were WARNED.

-A loud thump during my shower which when queried was met with a shamefaced child coming into the bathroom to announce my laptop had hit the floor.....from about 5 ft off the ground...ouch. So far nothing seems to be amiss but I'm still waiting. Child was moving chair nearby to the heater vent to be sat upon and the laptop cord was tangled in it's leg. Child was WARNED.

-A loud thump in the toilet room, which upon inspection was the kid jumping off the toilet seat he shouldn't have been standing on to get to the empty toilet roll so that he could have a trumpet. Kid was WARNED.

The best sound in the world?

The almost two year old who wanted something and knew I could hear but not come straight away (enthroned) said "e muu me mum"* had me grinning like a loon, the manners are kicking in, oh yes baby!!

* for those that need a translation, "excuse me mum"

2 comments:

kissmyfrog said...

Impressive! My two still haven't figured out that the shut bathroom door means "Go away and leave me alone!" Sasquatch wanted to come in and read me his reader the other day!

Lynne said...

Yay!! Congratulations mum!