Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Scones

Fresh scones with jam and cream feshly baked this afternoon at my house using the lemonade scone recipe in Homemade : The Handmade Helps recipe book. (If you don't yet have a copy click on through and get one!)

Excellent.

Sorry Mum but I don't think I'll be using your recipe again any time soon.

Thanks to Donyale for the scone idea and the tip for using a colander with tea towel to maintain freshness and to knittersue who mentioned, in the comments, the recipe in the Homemade book.

We have a winner and it will be made again and again and again ;-)

4 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm quite well known for my scones! I've never used lemonade but I do cheat: I melt my butter in the microwave and mix it in with the milk! Beats all that rubbing to the consistency of bread crumbs. I got the idea after eating scones at a cafe where they told me the secret was buttermilk! Mine is a variation on a theme!

kissmyfrog said...

You got good results with a lemonade recipe? I made some a while ago (admittedly not from the recipe in the Homemade book), and I was really disappointed - they came out flat and tough and rather flavourless. Maybe I was just blinking in the wrong order or something. I may try them again someday, but for the time being I think I'll stick with the old-fashioned recipe. Besides, I doubt that lemonade goes well with cheese and bacon, which is the preferred scone here at the House of Frog.

sue said...

Those lemonade scones are wonderful. I made another batch at 7 this morning as Isabelle's class is having a Possum Magic party. We even had some for breakfast with jam and cream! Now I am going to sit down this afternoon and decide what to try out next.

TinkingBell said...

Love scones - but will check out handmade because -I am shamefaced about the fact I don't have one - and I loved the suspicious noises one because it sounds just like my house...
Have fun during school holidays.....