Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Rainbows rainbows everywhere

I recently posted about a search for rainbow coloured yarn. This is a long term and ongoing search for me! Lynne put up her hand and offered to dye some white yarn up for me and so I sent off some Cleckheaton Cocoon and look what I received in the post last night......


Mmm, yum rainbow multi coloured yarn. Colour me happy! Couldn't help myself of course, had to see what it turned out like when it's knitted up, so as per request, Zac is getting a pair of rainbow striped socks.


Took it to SnB knitting this morning and everyone kept saying, what yarn is that? Loving the colours, love how we're getting stripes rather than blotches of colour, just what I wanted. Thank you Lynne. Beautiful!

Oh and Zac just had a try on of the sock so far and was grinning from ear to ear, saying "Myyyy rainbow sock." So a winner there as well.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the yarn - it's perfect!

Lynne S of Oz said...

Nothing like some rainbow yarn -it's my favourite too! I should dye some up :-)

Lynne said...

Leonie,I'm glad you like the yarn and everyone concerned is happy with "my rainbow socks"!

Michelle - thank you! It was a very amateur attempt and I learnt a lot; I'm glad Leonie likes it!