Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Here 'Tis

This was a lovely quick knit in gorgeous yarn.


Vital stats: Shiloh Silk Dream 4 ply, less than 2 balls, on 3.25mm bamboo straights, Size 3 months.
Pattern was from the Cleckheaton Cocoon Pattern Book, Design 6, Style A. I always change one thing with this pattern because it annoys me that for an apparently designed and tested pattern the starting tail of yarn for the back ends up on the end of one of the side ties, so I add an extra row and use the tail to sew up the side seam instead. This makes no difference to the outcome of the knit and I am always left wondering why the pattern was written like that. Other than that it's all as it should be.
Started: Friday July 17th at the Rav dinner at The Shamrock Hotel, finished today Wednesday July 29th.

I could go on and on and on and on about what this yarn looks and feels like, suffice it to say that a number of ladies who inspected this yarn at the Rav dinner were at the Shiloh stall the next morning adding to their purchases. Also a couple of people noted that they are likely to dye it and think it will come up very nicely.

In other news apart from the knitting, Zac turned 4 on Monday last week and has had a week of celebrating. Monday he got to pick everything he ate for the day including dinner which was "tuna, meat, sausage, sauce, olives" I kid you not. The mum in me added pasta and sundried tomatoes (carbs and token "veg"!). Tuesday was pretend cake and singing at Kinder with a lollipop handed out to all the kids at home time. Wednesday was childcare with a Birthday cake for afternoon tea. Thursday he had a break! Friday it was present and dinner at Nanny and Poppy's house, Saturday was getting exctied and in the way as Mum and Dad tried to get organised and Sunday was his party. Big week for a little boy and oh so much joy! Here's a picture of the cake.

There was a lot of discussion about what tthe cake would be, for the last two weeks before his birthday he decreed that a snake cake it would be. But on the night before when shown a collection of snake cakes to choose from he changed his mind. After literally picking every cake in the book, he decided on a number 4 cake with purple icing and M&M's, he was a happy boy!

Managed to get out in what passes for light in Melbourne today and take some pictures of my stock, will do some colour management on them and start adding them to the shop soon. All of my staionery is on order and will arrive soon, I'm so excited, I can't wait to see how it all looks!

4 comments:

kgirl said...

pleased to see the finished cardigan, having been there at "cast-on"!!

and the big 4 birthday cake is gorgeous - hope your little man had a great day

TinkingBell said...

OH the cardi looks gorgeous and feels beeeeooootiful!

I have parties this weekend and again in 2 weeks - I collect the guinea pig on saturday morning - but have its other bits.

Despite wanting to mail my kids in a bog box to Timbuktu this moening, I have moments when I'm a pretty good mum - you I think, are an awesome mum!

kissmyfrog said...

What a sweet little cardi it is! And I must say I wish now that I'd bought some of the Shiloh at Bendi... oh, well, there's always next year. :)

Sounds like your Zac had a gorgeous birthday week.

Kate_knits_a_bit said...

Number cakes are great, aren't they? I am a big fan of the smarties-as-decoration too :)
I am trying not to remember the silky smooth feel of the fabric sliding over my fingertips, the soft drape and pleasing sheen, lest I find myself rummaging around in my bag for that catalogue I picked up at the Shiloh stand.....
gorgeous!! (and looking forward to peeking at your shop, too)