Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm dreaming!

I am you know, dreaming. Not in the wishing for something way, or the day dreaming sort of way, but the at night sort of way and I have realised I have barely had a dream in the last 18 months. Certainly not a single one that I can remember. The last few nights my dreams have been the vivid, am I really sleeping kind. Haven't had any of them since the hormone induced weird ones you get while you are pregnant that are supposed to prepare you for having a baby.....yeah right! The thing is, with the return of dreaming has been a sharp increase in the ability to remember. This may sound weird but I have had "pregnancy brain" for too long, heck the "baby" is 19 months old and I've been lucky to hold a thought in my head for all of 10 secs, let alone for the time it takes to leave the loo and wash my hands. But in the last week, my memory is starting (and I do mean only just starting) to work a little better. I can remember something I planned yesterday when I get up today, well at least at some point during the day! Don't get me wrong I still need the calendar (it's not called my external brain for nothing) for the not so every day stuff, and I am mostly remembering what has to go to school or kinder on which day (yes I get the right kid to the right place....picture me blowing raspberries at you here!) it's the other stuff, the library bag, the "sounds" book, the hats..... I know I'm busy, one kid in prep, one in 3 year old kinder and one apparently permanently attached to me, and everyone has a schedule that's different, hell I even added to the mix when I started working again one day a week in March. The difference between the "out-of-control" hoping like hell you haven't forgotten anything mayhem of first term is so unlike the ordered, routine of this term it's almost like there's someone new in the picture who has their sh*t together. Oh hang on, that would be me with the dreaming and the memory working. Amazing what a couple of weeks can do.

So anyway, me and my recovering brain have been working on the shop stuff, finally got the background to do what it is supposed to do. A couple more things to get sorted and then it will be stock the shop time. I'm hoping it will be all up and running by the end of the month. Barring: sick children, sick me, a loss of memory......you know the usual stuff!!!!

Oooh and I'm loving m
y book.

4 comments:

TinkingBell said...

Isn't is wonderful when your brain stops trying to cope with so much stuff that it just stops coping? welcome back to the land of the occasionally living! LOL!

Lynne said...

Wow! I've never considered a link between brain and memory! Worth more investigation when someone has time [or wants to do a PhD!]

PrincessPea said...

The connection you make between dreams and memory is really interested to me too. I practically never remember my dreams, and my 'organisational' memory is terrible. I actually do have alarms that go off to remind me to go to certain places at certain times, even if I do the same thing every week. Hmm. I wonder if working on improving dream recall might make a difference. Thanks for this post - food for thought!

Bec said...

I'm a big dreamer and most of what I dream is really closely linked to whatever is happening in reality. Sometimes I wish it would all stop - I never seem to get a break!!

Can't wait to see what the shop stocking brings....