Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I love the Postman

Well not really, but when I'm waiting for a delivery and I can't wait to get my hands on the parcel that I know is coming, I could love the postie for bringing me my package!

So what was I waiting for???

These beautiful skeins from Michelle at Needle Food.


She's based in New Zealand and she's new. The colour is Sweet Chilli and I have a vague thought of making a pair of socks for my cold feeted husband to wear. They are 80% Merino, 20% nylon and feel soft and smooshy. Think I came across an add for her yarn on Ravelry, or maybe Twist Collective, don't remember now, but she is book marked for sure now!

Need a close up? Here you go! Check out those oranges and reds!



An added bonus was these cute little stitch markers made by Marcie of In Stitches.
Do you think it's mad to get Jules to look on Rav for a sock pattern he might like????

9 comments:

PaisleyJade said...

Oh - thanks for letting me know about her - in my own country too!

Melissa said...

I was stalking the postie this week for the very same reason. I love her stuff. I got some blueberry crush and lavender infusion. They are beautiful aren't they!

Bells said...

oh she looks like she makes lovely stuff. Socks for sure, I reckon. Brand new skeins are truly exciting!

Michelle said...

I want to same "damn you" for sharing the link to Needle Food, but I'm actually glad you did! Beautiful stuff!

Alison Boon said...

Oh so good. And a kiwi too. Way to go NZ

Kate said...

Nice yarn! Cute stitch markers! Amigurumi!!! I'll forgive the lack of vesty action :>

Jan said...

As if I really needed more sock wool. However, it's on its way soon.

Apologies if this posts twice. Blogger has its comments knickers in a knot at the moment and I've tried several times.

Leonie said...

Glad everyone is enjoying the thought of a new wool source!!

TinkingBell said...

Temptress!

Stop it! Stop it!!!!!!
I must go and look - drat all enablers..... drat you to heck....(LOL!)