Friday, March 27, 2009

Time for me

Today I had some time for me. Jules was at work, Hunter at school and I dropped Zac and Tyler off at their grandparents for a couple of hours while I went to have a mini manicure and a haircut. I feel like such a girl at the moment, something that occurs very rarely these days as the single female in a house of 4 males. I have dark red nail polish on and can't remember when I last actually wore polish let alone such a noticeable colour. My nails feel heavier, I'm doing things differently because I don't want to make a mess of my nails. I know it won't last long but I'm sort of going with it while I can :-) I'm even typing differently. I'm so going to use polish more often. I feel in some way like the inner me is emerging in some way. Sad really that all it takes is a fresh set of coloured nails.

The knitting is coming along. I am onto the decreasing on the raglan shaping of the second arm piece, so then all it will need is the sewing together and neckband. I think this one is going to be for a friend having a baby shower in two weeks time. It's looking good and feels so lush, perfect for a first baby, something that will last and might be used for siblings later on.

We have friends coming over with their 3 kids tomorrow and Sunday is the local council festival and Zac and Jules will be with Zac's kinder group walking in the parade so I'll have to get the video camera out for this one. A very busy weekend coming up, not a lot of time for knitting but I'm sure I'll fit some in somewhere!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, we have some beautiful weather heading our way and I intend to make the most of it!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Yes, I should be outside knitting in the sun not in here reading blogs! Torn between two loves!