Sunday, March 1, 2009

I dream

I was writing a comment to Donyale's post about having a weekend without the husband and kids and what you would do with all that time and realised that I haven't had my "The baby has been weaned" weekend away yet. Will have to get onto that. Here's the comment (yes I know it is more like an essay!) because I know at least one of my sisters reads this blog and this might inspire them to get started on the organising!!! Me being lazy? Absolutely!

I dream of the day,weekend, well week really when my husband takes the three kids AWAY, my second most favourite dream is ME going away for a week. What would be on the menu? Lots of cheese, not blue vein though, grapes, soft squishy medjool (?sp) dates, pear paste, water crackers, deep dark bitter chocolate. To drink….Cointreau, lime and soda or perhaps Lemon lime and bitters with Vodka. Just learning how to drink wine, so have no favourites there yet (any suggestions most welcome), followed by chocolate, Green and Blacks perhaps. Then I’d hit the DVD’s…Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel, can’t wait for the new episode of Eureka, maybe some Northern Exposure for a change of pace. And if I could be bothered leaving the house then whatever I missed at the Movies on DVD. And I’m sure in my knitting bag there is a shawl that so far hasn’t made much progress because three littlies underfoot doesn’t leave enough brain space for yarn overs and k2togs on every row. So definitely knitting, maybe some squares while watching the box though so no mucking up the lace. And the best bit…..waking up when I am ready not because someone has crawled into bed beside me and asked for juice, and not because someone is hollering “I’ve finished” from the toilet at the other end of the house and is waiting somewhat impatiently for a parent to turn up to do the honours!!!!

In other news I have finished and gifted the Bubblegum jacket to little Miss L who we saw last night. She is now 9 weeks old and growing like a weed. You will have to wait for pictures though as I forgot to take the camera with me and used my swimming companion's camera to take a couple of shots and forgot to transfer them before leaving so I will wait until she emails them to me. Which may take a while since she's only online a couple of times a week. But hey no matter, can start planning my next knitting exploit...

My mum is up visiting my brother in Brisvegas this weekend for his birthday/house warming and is apparently bringing back some yarn, he owes me for making the Jane's hats for him......don't have any idea what is heading my way but will share happy snaps once it arrives!

Made a scarf for my niece, sure it's crocheting but time was of the essence! Her birthday was mid January but she knows it is on it's way so hopefully she will forgive the delay! She has just turned 9 and her favourite colour is pale blue so I'm hoping this will be ok. It's Paton's Serenity DK bamboo/cotton, on a 4mm hook using the same pattern as last time.


Time to go plot and plan my next brainless project, the shawl is going very slowly as it takes a lot of concentration, definitely not for knitting with the kids around!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

While I may not choose the same food, drink or DVDs [except "Northern Exposure"], I'm 100% with you on various types of knitting, and sleeping until I feel like waking up!! LOL

geoff_tewierik said...

So did the old duck drop off the yarn on her way through? Or do you need to go for a drive down to the Valley to pick it up?

donyale said...

I am glad that my pondering lead to your pondering. Sometimes a daydream is better than nothing and doesn't cost much either!

I hope you get some of your wishes soon.....

Alison Boon said...

Time out from kids and partners is a very good way to appreciate them more. Make it happen and have a great time.