Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two WIPs and something new

Apologies for the dark photos, the light was funny (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) Mental note: don't take photos in the shade on a bright day with a dark blue background. My internal mental notes don't work so maybe writing it down will...

Ok so the works in progress are progressing...

First up the cardy for A&O's baby is now up to the sleeves. The back is shown reverse side up and the yarn is cream coloured Baby Bambino 4ply.


The LYS challenge cardy is well underway. The green is actually a mint and I will endeavour to get a more accurate colour when I finish it. I will also have to look up the challenge rules to check out when I have to hand it in!! The finished product will be donated to a charity at the conclusion of the challenge. 100% cotton 8 ply, moss stitch bands, 2/2 stripes, raglan sleeve.

Oh and my new bit of fun courtesy of Wired for Fibre is the Istanbul shawl in Marlene (50/50 Silk/Merino in the Heaven colourway (it looks bluer on the website than it seems in person) I like the green tones in it.

I picked up the kit at Sunspun just before we went to the beach but didn't take it with me thought I'd save it for when I got back....well I'm back now. But I have other things that need doing first. Maybe if I just wind it into a ball :-)

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and suffering through the "progress" on The Wedding Stole.

As you can see from the comments, I have read your blog from beginning till now and have added you to my Bloglines.

Catch you soon.