Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

It's the beginning of a new year and it is going to be very different from last year!!

New this year:
-H starts school
-Z starts 3yo kinder
-T starts childcare one day a week
-I will open my shop
-I will return to working one day a week
-We are all going camping for the first time (and in a tent) together at the beach and it's going to be a challenge and lots of fun too!

Last year was not a fun year, I'm glad to see it behind me. Sure there were lots of highlights but there were also many trials and tribulations. Apart from me injuring myself 4 times in the twelve months, my dad almost died after coming off his push bike and is still recovering from some of his injuries not to mention the mental ones, and my Nan passed away after a gradually debilitating illness. Just after midnight last night J and I went outside with my sister and her man and let off a whole pile of party poppers to scare off all the bad vibes and make space for some really good ones. So I figure that this year has to be better, and I am looking forward to it.

I plan on doing more knitting (surprise, surprise), and also some more sewing. I have at least 6 quilts I want to make and have all of the fabrics for. Matching ones for my boys, one for our bed and one for the couch, oh and one for the Blankets of Love program (donation).

As for New Years Resolutions? To be kinder to myself, to anticipate deadlines instead of waiting until they are upon me, to be more organised with my planning and execution of homelife/housework/crafting so that nothing gets missed.

My holiday project has already been chosen, I have the yarn, the needles and I have adjusted a pattern so it is written out for me to just knit so I am all set. It will be entered into the competition at my LYS at the end of the month.

So here's hoping this year works out well for all of us!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy new year! I think those resolutions are really good ones, and realistic!

Tinniegirl said...

I hope you have a fabulous year. I love the party popper idea. I need to blow some bad energy out of my life - I've done a huge house clean out as my version of your party poppers.

PrincessPea said...

Happy New Year! I love your resolutions too.