Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Scarf #1

So here is the first of the two Christmas Eve scarves (photo credit P. Chalmers).


I used a single 50g ball of Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre (30% superfine alpaca, 40% kid mohair, 30% merino) in this hot pink colour. This one has a short fringe as it's recipient is my 8 year old niece and it made it a little more fun. It only took a couple of hours to make using this pattern as I wandered through mum's house on Christmas Eve watching
1/ my sister wrap presents
2/ my husband, brother, sister-in-law and brother-in-law play Settlers of Catan with the Seafarers expansion (great game, easy to learn and play) on what was a decidedly crap layout!!
3/my dad watch the Christmas Carols
4/ my mum wander from one thing to the next whilst keeping track of the Christmas pudding cooking on the stove

So, no it didn't take an awful lot of concentration, but I do find crocheting one of those things that you do have to watch unlike my knitting that only the first and last stitch and sometimes the increases/decreases need to be actually observed.

I think I can see a whole lot more of these scarves in my future, especially as I worked out that if you hang it around your neck and stuff one end through a centre hole on the other tail, you don't need to tie a knot and you can have it as tight or as loose as you want and it won't undo!! Who could ask for more??

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Very nice looking scarf, and using the holes to avoid knots: brilliant - gives that little bit of extra length!