Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Phone Call

The one we have been expecting, but dreading came this morning. My eldest sister rang to say that Nan had passed away in the early hours of this morning.

I am sad because my Nan has always supported me through my studies, been especially proud of my achievements and seemed to understand it all in a way I never expected.

I am relieved for her because her physical and mental suffering is now over, she was alert and aware to the very end and that made her physical symptoms so much the worse for her to bear.

I believe that now she will truly rest in peace. I will miss her dearly and she will always be remembered.

I love you Nan

6 comments:

Julie said...

Aw. My sympathies.

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear about her passing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Teresa said...

My sympathies go to you and your family.

A great Nan is a treasure forever.

Bells said...

Oh I'm sorry. Those phone calls are horrible. Take care of yourself. xo

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry about your Nan. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Lynne said...

I am so sorry.