Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Crafting

Well while going for a swim last night I remembered that one of the things that my number two boy is getting for Christmas is a felt covered board and some sets of felt letters to stick on it to make words. Well really to get him to start looking at individual letters and recognising them. So I stopped off at Bunnings on the way home to buy a piece of MDF which J will attach the green felt to while I merrily cut out a million letters....well 52 at the moment. We are planning on making a scrabble set of letters i.e. 100 letters in total made up of the usual spread of needed letters, but I thought I would start with two complete alphabets so we could at least write Merry Christmas Z on it for when we give it to him!!

So here are the letters in situ
the red (sorry it looks a bit fuzzy here, but you get the idea)

and the yellow

I have some orange I am planning on using as well

Now I just have to get the scissors to them!!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Looks like a big job - but I'm sure he'll love it :)

Lynne said...

Now that is brave! All those letters jammed together like that! LOL