Monday, December 1, 2008

Clear the Decks December

All right so I'm declaring it is a "Clear the Decks December" and have the photos to prove it. Not that I am going to show them anywhere anytime soon, way tooooo embarassing!!

My house is not actually dirty, just cluttered. Like I can't find the dining table because the slot cars are set up on it because the baby pulls it all apart if it's on the floor and we would all trip over it. Not being able to find the table also means the kids eat dinner at the little table and us on the couch, the sewing doesn't happen because there's no space for the machine, presents get wrapped on the floor, quilts get laid out on the floor, photography happens on the floor, you get the idea. So this December I am saying "ENOUGH" by the 1st of January there will be a place for everything and everything in its place. At this point I can envisage my little sister rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter, I'm not sure whether it will be because I've declared and she thinks I won't have a hope or because she is feeling sorry for J and the kids.....I'll wait until she tells me!

This organisation of my/our space will of course have to happen around all of the usual pre-Christmas stuff, but since Christmas is not at our place this year, that is not my deadline. We will be having New Years here though so that is. I have the photos of all the bits that need fixing, oh except in T's room, he is asleep, I'll get those ones later. So on Dec 31st 2008 I will go around and take the second set and I'm hoping/wishing/praying there will be a striking difference.

Anyone want/need to join in? I can think of at least one person/couple.....

What else? I've added to my Holiday crafting list and am about to add a separate section on the sidebar under the logo so that I can keep track and today's other job is to get the camping list from my sister so I can see what else I need for January.

That's about it I think, for now at least. Happy December everyone!

PS Sorry for those of you with bloglines etc, who probably got a post entitled Clear the Deaks with nothing in it....yes the mystery button presser strikes again!!

5 comments:

Julien said...

Its a grand plan, I approve.
However, I'm pretty sure its going to mean that some things have to go. Our house just isn't big enough.

Michelle said...

Oh, I'm in! I'm starting with my sewing table!

And from there it will be the bedroom closet, the kitchen cupboards and the broom cupboard. Then the bathroom cupboard...

And my rull will be "nothing goes in the shed unless it actually belongs there"!

Michelle said...

Ohg, for your slot car set, try nailing it to a piece of chipboard, and then slide it under a bed when you're finished using it. My dad did that did my brother as the house just wasn't big enough for it to be set up all the time and out in the open. My brother and I used that slot car set most days, too.

knitting sprouts said...

I am in too - I have started by moving the study/studio/spare room into the big bedroom - now I just need to get in the door. Sitting here on the lounge I cannot see a clear surface. I just messes with my head.

Tiggy Johnson said...

For some strange reason, I think you might be referring to me... hmmm.