Monday, November 24, 2008

Twinkle twinkle little star

I had a look around for knitted Christmas tree ornament patterns thinking that they might make good kinder teacher/carer presents for Christmas. I have since decided against that, thinking it will be better if the boys make their own gifts but in the meantime I played...

In "The Big Book of Small Projects 2" from Patons I found Christmas stars. Make 2 pieces sew together and stuff, but when I had finished the first piece it looked much more like a flower to me, see:

so I had a think, played with some numbers and came up with this:


It's not perfect but it is knit in one piece with what I think are called short rows and stuff like that and I stuffed it before doing the last couple of rows so when I finished knitting all I had left to do was sew in two ends, the beginning and the end. Not bad. Will make another one as their is a bit of an oops on one of the points. Maybe one for each of my boys...

Oh and I figure I have so much to write about each thing is getting it's own post in between doing everything else today! So stay tuned for more updates :-)

3 comments:

Katy said...

Hey There Leonie! You won my Fabric Basket at Le's Third on the Right Giveaway!, Glad it is going to a good home!

Le @ third on the right and cold peas said...

hello there - so my four year old is looking over my shoulder and said - who made those lovely stars ... he is right - they are lovely :) le

and congrats !

Bells said...

On well done. The second one is perfect!