Friday, October 3, 2008

Silk blanket complete

Yes after a couple of doses of frogging the silk blanket is actually complete and I am very happy with the final product.



It is a basic stocking stitch blanket with a garter stitch edge, I thought that would be best to show off the "rustic" feel of the silk. As I've said before this is tussah silk, silk gathered after the silk worm has escaped, so it is not as smooth as that gathered from farmed silk worms.



It still has that silky feel though and is quite warm when it is laying on your lap and it also has an appealing heaviness to it. Think I will have to block this one though to stop the edges curling up and so I can get a final measurement on it. It is approx 49 x 67 cm, just the right size for in a baby capsule or carseat. Exactly what I was aiming for. I am pleased :0) It does have colour graduation along it's length but no stripe anymore so all is well.

Time to do some more work on the purple bubblegum jacket I think.

1 comment:

Bells said...

Leonie it's beautiful. I'm behind on my reading so just catching up. It's simple and effective. Just lovely. Yes, try blocking it and see how it goes. I'll be interested to see the difference.

And I didn't realise that was what Tussah silk was. Thanks for the explanation!